Sunday, October 25, 2009

Roman Number Time

On a Roman junket, I rented a red & black Italian scooter w/ a tag that read "Dante9" -- and on a Dramamine high, I weaved in and out of traffic along w/ all the other whining purrs of small stroke engines just so I could be first at the light. What a green-light anticipation I felt coursing thru my sight-seeing elation. I passed Harry's Bar on Via Veneto where Fellini filmed La Dolce Vita in stylistic grandeur, sped thru the Piazza di Spagna where fashion converges in a trinity of parallel streets, where Bvlgari and the queen of cashmere dwell, circled the ancient Coliseum where they crucified martyrs for spectator jolly, and steadied myself in the Vatican mileau in case the Pope stood on Bernini's balcony w/ proclamations of peace and speeches of divine order; speeches typed by an assistente who goes home to sing Puccini while his brethren prepare spaghetti Bolognese w/ Grissini Croccanti al Sesamo. At the return of my two-wheeled chariot, I saluted the Swiss Guard, and I felt bigger in Spirit than ever before. And always I will be inebriated of holy wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment