Sunday, February 7, 2010

Emergency Landing

On a plane that sits atop a dark sea
it makes its way thru the tavern of night
everything quiet after gorging down
plastic wrapped food and the selection
of two year old movies but then there's me
who can never sleep while moving
on planes or anywhere for that matter.

The movement I try to pin down to quiet
rustling but then I cough and cough again
and it echoes in the cabin of sleeping souls
Where's the parachute I'll leave. I see
the stewardess give me a look of irritation
and the one next to me is repulsed
that I boarded a gelid plane w/ a fever.

I'm sorry, I had to come, I bought
a non-refundable ticket one way and
I've already turned the clock on my wrist up
so we ought to land sooner. Forgive me
but remember this -- time heals all wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment