Sunday, May 9, 2010

Kathryn's Confetti

For mom and what I miss:

1. her sense of humor and silliness
2. her generosity and pride
3. her visits to the beautician every Friday
4. her green eyes (like me)
5. her need for speed (like me)
6. her stubborn side - how you couldn't convince her of how the ocean tides worked
7. her long stride & how she had to drive the big car
8. how Conway Twitty said "hello Darlin'" to her
9. how she would send me stamps so I'd write
10. how she borrowed my '65 Mustang (no A/C) and lost an eyebrow
11. how she loved going barefooted no matter the weather
12. her beautiful fingernails tapping on piano keys
13. her exquisite sense of style
14. how she'd nick my cross necklace (which she still has)
15. how when I got engaged she wept the entire day
16. her survival instincts - Winston fags, ice cream w/ syrup, and Hershey's w/ almonds
....................................... a string of diamonds for you!!
I love you, my bestie!!

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and touching and makes me cry every time I read it! I miss her too sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mother would have been so proud of her generous, loving, talented, funny daughter.

    ReplyDelete